Thought I would do a list of various apps that I really like and later I will come back and talk a bit more about them.
1.Quicksilver – GTD must have, and all round great app, even as a Spotlight replacement
2. Camino – Open source Web browser, Cocoa app so bit better than Firefox. I’m using it right now
3. Firefox – because WordPress doesn’t play so well with Safari
4. VLC – best video player I found. Plays practically everything ever made. Ever.
5. Adium – Good multi-chat program, gTalk, MSN, AOL, Jabber, others. Cute duck icon
6. Burn – Open source CD burning software
7. AppDelete – Get rid of all those hiding bits of data for applications. Fast
8. Monolingual – Remove unwanted language packs. Free up tons of space (I gained 1.63Gb! Others report up to 4Gb)
9. Smultron – good little coding app. Strawberry logo too!
10. Transmission – Torrent app. Handy, easy to use.
11. Growl – onscreen notifications from many apps (Camino, Transmission, Adium, Skype, iStumbler, Cyberduck
12. Flip4Mac – WMV plugin for Mac. Never touch WMP again!
13. MenuMeters – system resource monitoring for the menu bar
14. Sidetrack – Scrolling for older laptops.
15. MAMP – Test out a local version of your website, with mySQL, PHP, and much more
16. GimmeSomeTune – iTunes plugin. Shows Growl notifications for songs, and gets lyrics
17. Missing Sync for Windows – sync your Windows Mobile device if you have one (I have a PDA for TomTom)
18. Democracy – subscribe to RSS feeds, video feeds, torrent feeds, automatically downloads recent
19. Microsoft Office – because sometimes you need to accommodate Windows users. And Apple has no spreadsheet program. Yet
Wow, that list was longer than I planned. I might have to do a few posts to cover all those off. I’ll update this later with links.
Updated: Thought of another one
20. Onxy – Great app for cleaning cache’s, temp files and folders, and keeping things working smoothly